Two weeks ago I had the privilege of spending a full day investing in myself. I learned from leaders across the globe who have paved the way before me and were willing to share their stories and lessons on how I can lead myself more effectively, so that I may lead others. Learning new perspectives and valuable tips for self-evaluation and growth fueled my fire.
The event I attended was Leadercast Clermont Hosted at the beautiful new Crossroads East Side in Batavia. Prior to the event, I had never attended a simulcast, nor did I know what it was. In simplest form, it is a broadcast event shared worldwide, simultaneously at various locations. Each host-site had a community leader that kicked things off and engaged attendees in-between sessions. Our host was the Executive Director of LEAD Clermont County: Bob Pautke. The atmosphere was laid back with plenty of helpful volunteers. Conversations and networking were simple. I was surrounded by like-minded leaders from the community who were there for a reason... to invest in themselves.
Leadercast is the largest one-day leadership event in the world. This year more than 100,000 people took the opportunity to invest in themselves. The theme?
In order to best lead others, you must learn to lead yourself first.
A few questions they answered:
- What does it look like to lead yourself?
- How can you intentionally develop your own leadership skills and style?
- What qualities do you hope to embody as a leader?
Leadercast does a phenomenal job of organizing and sharing content post-event in a way that would have taken me weeks to compile. So for today, I have consolidated their summary materials into one document for your learning pleasure!
You can access that document: HERE
Below is a full list of 2018 Speakers:
- Joe Torre - Hall of Fame Baseball Manager
- Carey Lohrenz - The First Female F-14 Pilot, Speaker & Trainer
- Andy Stanley - Leadership Author & Communicator
- Jen Bricker - Acrobat, Aerialist, Author & Speaker
- Michael Hyatt - Author, Speaker and CEO of Michael Hyatt & Company
- Dr. Mae Jemison - NASA Astronaut, Engineer & Physician
- Jim Loehr - Co-founder of the Human Performance Institute
- Kat Cole - COO and President, North America of FOCUS Brands
- Ian Cron - Bestselling Author, Psychotherapist, Enneagram Teacher and Speaker
Leadercast was a great event that allowed me to educate myself on the power and importance of leading myself first, so I can lead others well. Over the next few weeks I will be sharing my top takeaways from each speaker and how I've taken action. I'm excited to share tips, tools, exercises, and resources that their team has provided, along with materials I have found in the process. Until then, please check out the one pagers for each speaker and do some research on the topics that intrigue you the most. I strongly recommend attending Leadercast in 2019, in a city near you!
I'd love to hear if you attended. E-mail me if you'd like to talk further!