On September 10th we hosted over 100 business professionals from across the region for a LIVE recording of The Learning Leader Show. Ryan Hawk interviewed our founders, Doug Meyer & Dave Brixey, to get a true look into the makings of our amazing firm.
Here are some of the topics discussed and pictures from the night!
- Why our founders chose to leave Ernst & Young and start their own firm 17 years ago
- Their competitiveness with each other and how that has benefited the firm and their clients
- Giving each other the freedom to fail
- The respect they have for each other
"Doug is a moral and ethical giant. I admire and trust him completely."
- What prompted them to make ABC decisions. A decisions, we would make together. B decisions, we could make independently. And C decisions, our team would make.
- Learning how to become excellent leaders as the firm has grown from 2 to 70+ team members
- Having an A+ team
"We want to be surrounded by people who care. That translates to the non-traditional relationship. We build real relationships and provide real value."
- The most important clients to serve are the team members of Brixey & Meyer
- The Brixey & Meyer hiring process and the key qualities needed to thrive at Brixey & Meyer
- The importance of clear communication
- Taking measured risks & how to make tough decisions
"Dave was more risk tolerant and I was more risk adverse in the beginning. This helped push me way out of my comfort zone, and I valued that"
We are excited to share the full episode, so stay tuned!
- Canopy Creek Farm - Venue
- Little Miami River Catering
- Justin Oster - Photographer
- All The Right Tunes - AV
- Agape Media - Videographer
- Brandon Black - Drawnversation
Engage with our team and keep learning...
CLICK HERE to subscribe to Mindful Monday, a weekly newsletter by Ryan Hawk. You can do this in the pop up or in the side/bottom bars.
CLICK HERE to subscribe to Brixey & Meyer's monthly newsletter
SUBSCRIBE HERE to The Learning Leader Podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcast. If you are not directed to his page, search Ryan Hawk or The Learning Leader Show. Be sure to click subscribe!
If you attended the event and would like a copy of any individual pictures, please email Nicole Kelly at email@example.com