On March 18th, the Federal government passed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCCRA). Within the law, Emergency Paid Sick Leave (E-PSL) and Emergency FMLA (E-FMLA) provisions created paid leave for qualifying employees. These provisions went into effect on April 1st.
In light of many client’s needs, our Firm created an FFCRA Toolkit to help businesses increase their ability to…
- Take care of their employees negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Comply with Department of Labor (DOL) guidelines…reduce the risk of being fined/audited
- Comply with IRS tax credit guidelines…increase the likelihood of collecting tax credits
- Comply with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines…reduce the risk of inadvertent discriminatory actions and potential charges
- Curb employee abuse…minimize the chances that employees receive paid leave when they should not receive it
Most companies will face situations where employees will request paid leave. Being prepared now is essential to minimize administrative/compliance errors and strengthen employer safeguards against abuse.
I appreciate that you want to serve your employees with respect, care, and safety. This toolkit will help you do so as well as balance long-term operational success.
Let’s connect and proactively prepare for this law! You can comment below, call us at 937.291.4110 or visit our website to discuss your Toolkit.