Ohio has launched its awaited TechCred Training Reimbursement Program.
If your company is providing technical trainings that may meet the eligibility requirements mentioned below, we are happy to start working with you on your application.
Note, this program is not a first come, first served program. The acceptance of your application will be based upon need and a points system developed by the state, and applications will need to be submitted between October 1 and October 31.
With this being the first year of the program, there may be kinks. We've answered a few common questions below. Contact us now, to help you with your data gather for the application process!
What employers are eligible? Any Ohio registered employer that employs Ohio resident W-2 employees is eligible to apply. Businesses of all sizes and in all industries are encouraged to apply. Only one application will be accepted per company and a request for reimbursement is capped at $30,000 per eligible employer.
What employees will be eligible for training reimbursement? Current and prospective W-2 employees that are Ohio residents with verifiable Ohio addresses. TechCred relates to your training spend over the next 18 months from the time an application is accepted. Applications accepted for this round will likely be accepted in December 2019/January 2020.
What trainings are eligible?
- Short-term training (one year or less, less than 30 credit hours or 900 clock hours)
- Industry-recognized (significant for your industry) training
- Technology-focused trainings are eligible.
- Training may be provided by private training providers, technical centers, universities, and community colleges.
- An employer may be reimbursed for tuition, lab fees, manuals, textbooks and certification costs, up to $2,000 per credential.
- Approved credentials include those received for Adobe, AutoCad, CISCO, CIW, CNC Programming, CompTIA, Drone Technology, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Python, Siemens, Web Design trainings... and the list goes on. Run your credential training's by us to find out if they are on the approved list or can get onto the approved list!
Do you think your company may be eligible to apply and receive reimbursement for trainings based upon the information above? If so, schedule an appointment to chat with us today!